AFTER HOURS CARE
- In the event of a serious emergency please call 911. BC Nurse Line:
- BC NurseLine provides 24-hour, confidential health information and advice. Anywhere in the province, call BC NurseLine to speak to a registered nurse 24-hours or a pharmacist from 5 p.m. to 9 a.m. every day.
- Specially trained nurses answer questions about health topics and procedures, identify symptoms, and help you decide when to see a health professional. Information and referrals are also provided to other services.
- Call BC NurseLine: Toll-free in BC 8-1-1 or Deaf and hearing-impaired 7-1-1
- The nurse will ask for your Personal Health Number on your B.C. CareCard; you will not be denied service if you do not provide it.
- Translation services are available in over 130 languages. Please wait for the recorded disclaimer message for a nurse to answer your call - ask for translation services in the language that you prefer or speak.
- At HealthLink BC, you will find medically-approved information on more than 5,000 health topics, symptoms, medications, and tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. You can also search their online Directory to find health services near you.
- For Poison Control: Saint Paul's Hospital, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6 604-682- 2344 Local 62126 Hotline: 604-682-5050 or 1-800- 567-8911 Fax: 604-806-8262 Web: www.dpic.org